Which part of the country do you live in?
10 million people,
the most safetest city
- I live in Seoul, which is the capital city of Korea.
- It's the most crowded city in my country.
- In fact, about 10 million people live here.
Do you like the place where you live?
close to bus stops and a subway station,
- Yes. That's because it's a very convenient place to live.
- It's close to bus stops and a subway station.
- There are also many stores nearby.
Have you ever purchased shoes online?
check customer reviews
- Yes, I have.
- I like buying shoes on the internet because it's cheaper.
- Even though I can't try them on, I can choose the right size by checking custermer reviews.
Do you often look in the mirror?
when trying on clothes at the shopping mall
- Yes, I look in the mirror quite often.
- For instance, every time I wash my hands or brush my teeth, I check myself in the restroom mirror.
- I also use mirrors when trying on clothes at the shopping mall.
Can you play any musical instruments?
learned to play when I was young,
often play the piano to relieve stress
- Yes, I can play the piano and I l really enjoy it.
- I learned to play when I was a young child and often used it as a way to relieve stress
Did you ever have music classes at school?
music classes twice a week,
learned and practiced many songs with my friends,
learned about famous composers
- Yes, I took music classes twice a week in school.
- I learned and practiced many songs with my classmates.
- Plus, we learned about famous composers, like Chopin and Liszt.
When was the last time you gave chocolate to someone as a present?
my wife about two weeks ago,
bought it at a cvs,
tasted really good
- The last time I gave chocolate to my wife about two weeks ago.
- I bought it at a convenience store as a gift for my wife
- The chocolate tasted really good. so my wife thanked me.
What kind of fruits do you like?
sweet and delicious,
it has lots of vitamins
- My favorite fruit is strawberries.
- I love them because they are sweet and delicious.
- Additionally, they are convenient to eat since I don't need a knife to peel them.
- That's why I often have strawberries for dessert.
Do yo prefer funny advertisements or serious ones?
grab my attention with fancy visual and sound effects
- Personally, I prefer funny advertisements.
- I like them because they grab my attention with fancy visual and sound effects.
- They have magnificent scenes with catchy songs that linger in my mind.
- So I like funny advertisements more.
Which do you like better, writing by hand or typing?
much faster than writing by hand,
easier to make changes when I type documents
- I like typing more than handwriting.
- This is because using a computer is much faster than writing by hand.
- Moreover, it's easier to make changes when I type documents on the computer.
Do you prefer taking the subway or the bus?
can avoid traffic jams on the road,
cheaper than taking the bus
- I prefer taking the subway.
- That's because I can avoid traffic jams on the road.
- Plus, I often get motion sickness when I take the bus.
Do you use public transportation when you commute to work or go to school?
takes 15 minutes by subway,
cheaper and more convenient
- I use public transportation almost every single day when I go to work.
- Actually, it only takes 15 minutes by subway to get to the office.
- Also, taking public transportation is cheaper and more convenient than driving a car.
Are you a student or do you work?
always busy because of my heavy workload
- I work.
- I'm a software developer at a software company.
- Actaully, I'm always busy because of my heavy workload.
In what field would you like to work in the future?
My goal is to start a small software company
- I'd like to work in the field of software development.
- To be sepecific, I want to be a smartphone application developer.
- My goal is to start a small software company someday.
Do you live in an apartment or a house?
I've lived there 5 years,
kind of old, but comfortable
- I live in an apartment.
- It's in a 7-story building, an I live on the 4th floor.
- In fact, I've lived there for 5 years.
- The building is kind of old, but I still find my apartment comfortable.
In the future, what kind of house would you like to live in?
two-story house with a yard,
I want to have a big dog in the future,
my wife's hobby is growing vegetables
- I'd like to live in a two-story house with a yard.
- This is because I want to have a big dog in the future.
- Also, since my wife's hobby is growing vegetables, it would be nice to have a yard.
What do you do after work or class?
usaully exercise after work,
like to walk or jog in the park,
if it's raining outside, I go to the gym
- I usually exercise after work.
- On sunny days, I like to walk or jog in the park near my house.
- If it's raining outside, I go to the gym instead.
Did you read a lot of books when you were young?
read a lot when I was young,
often went to the library to find sci-fi books,
big fan of books by Jules Verne
- Yes, I read a lot when I was young.
- I often went to the library to find sci-fi books.
- I was a big fan of books by Jules Verne.
- So, I read a lot of his books because of that.
Do you like indoor activites?
not a big fan of indoor activites,
like te move a lot while enjoying the scenery outside,
can't do that when I stay inside
- No, I'm not a big fan of indoor activities.
- This is because I like to move a lot while enjoying the scenery outside.
- However, I can't do that when I stay inside.
- So, I prefer outdoor activites much more.
Tell me about an activity you do near the water.
put my feet in the water,
just sit and enjoy the view
- I put my feet in the water or build sandcastles at the beach.
- Also, I just sit and enjoy the view when I want to relax.
- By looking at the beautiful scenery, I can gain energy to go through the week.
- Sometimes, I like fishing with my father near the river.
How much time do you spend with your family?
cannot spend much time with my family,
On weekdays work, study IELTS,
live in Jeju so I have to take a flight to see them
- I can't spend much time with my family, maybe about once every three months.
- On weekdays, I have to work and normally in the evening, I have to study IELTS.
- Plus, my parents live in Jeju Island, so I have to take a flight to see them.
- This makes it difficult to meet more often.
Do you know your neighbours well?
don't know my neighbours that well,
leave home early in the morning,
come back at night after work
- No I don't know my neighbours that well.
- In fact, I didn't really have a chance to talk to them.
- This is because I usually leave home early in the morning and come back at night after work.
Have you ever taught someone something?
a new person at work,
smart and learned fast,
teaching her was easy and fun for me
- Yes, I've taught a new person at work.
- I showed her how to do our job.
- She was smart and learned fast.
- So, teaching her was easy and fun for me.
Do you still keep in touch with your friends from high school?
lots of high school friends on Instagram,
comment and message each other,
often see some friends because we live nearby,
know each other in and out
- Yes, I still contact lots of high school friends on Instagram.
- We comment and message each other.
- Also, I often see some friends because we live nearby.
- We know each other in and out, so I feel very comfortable whenever I meet them.
Do you like to invite people over to your house?
feel comportable when I hang out with my friends at home,
have everything that I need there,
often invite my friends over for dinner
- Of course, I do.
- I feel comfortable when I hang out with my friends at my house.
- This is because I have everything that I need there.
- Plus, I like to cook, so I often invite my friends over for dinner.
Do you often do housework?
do household chores every day
- Yes, I do household chores every day.
- Actually, I take care of most of the housework because my wife is really busy with her job.
- For instance, I do the dishes and run the washing machine.
- I think it's good to help so my wife doesn't have to do all the work.
What do you think about robots?
- I think robots make my life more convenient.
- That's because I can save time and energy by using them in my daily life.
- For example, my robot vacuum cleaner cleans my house for me when I'm doing other things such as studying or reading.
What do you do on your computer?
- I usually shop online when I use my computer.
- I sometimes watch IELTS lectures as well.
- Plus, I often play computer games to relieve stress.